- How to Reset Tire Pressure Sensor on Chevy Silverado
- How to Reset Tire Pressure Sensor Chevy Impala
- One more instruction for Chevy Impala (2006-2012)
- How to Reset Tire Pressure Sensor Chevy Cruze
- How to Reset Tire Pressure Sensor Chevy Tahoe
- More about Tire Pressure Sensor
- The History of MG Sports Cars
- History of the Volvo P1800
- Reset Tire Pressure Sensor on Toyota
Everybody knows that lowered tires won’t give you an opportunity to go far away. So that is very important to control the tire pressure and be able to adjust it. Low tire pressure increases fuel consumption. Also, because of low pressure the friction road is increased. Tire pressure monitoring system, or TPMS, – is a feature of many modern cars. It allows to control tire pressure, sitting at your comfort driver’s seat. When the air goes out of the tire, your pressure sensor gives warning and all you need is just to reset it. Today we will describe how to reset tire pressure sensor if your vehicle model is Chevy Silverado, Impala, Cruze or Tahoe.
★ ★ ★
Auto Parts & Accessories
How to Reset Tire Pressure Sensor on Chevy Silverado
Reset the Tire Pressure Monitoring system on your Chevrolet Silverado:
- Turn ON the ignition, with the engine OFF;
- Apply the parking brake;
- Using the DIC, press the vehicle information button until the RELEARN TIRE POSITIONS message displays. If your vehicle does not have the DIC buttons, press the trip odometer reset stem located on the instrument panel cluster until the RELEARN TIRE POSITIONS message displays. If your vehicle has the DIC buttons, press the set/reset button. The horn will sound twice to indicate the TPMS receiver is ready, and the TIRE LEARNING ACTIVE message will display. If your vehicle does not have the DIC buttons, press and hold the trip odometer reset stem until the horn chirps twice and the TIRE LEARNING ACTIVE message is displayed;
- Alternate method: Simultaneously press the keyless entry transmitters lock and unlock buttons until you hear a sound signal or use the Tech 2 to initiate the learn processThe sound signal you hear will be the indication the mode has been enabled;
- Starting with the left front tire, hold the antenna of the J-46079 against the tire sidewall close to the wheel rim at the valve stem location then press and release the activate button and wait for a sound signal, or increase/decrease the tire pressure for 8-10 seconds then wait for the sound signal. It may take 8-10 seconds until you hear the sound, which means that the pressure increase/decrease time period has been reached;
- After the horn chirp sounds, proceed as in step 5 for the next 3 sensors in the following order: (Right front, Right rear, Left rear);
- After the LR sensor has been learned, turn OFF the ignition to exit the learn mode;
- After the learn mode has been exited, adjust all tire pressures to the recommended PSI;
- For proper vehicle operation and to ensure coverage under the provisions of the new vehicle warranty, the vehicle must be reprogrammed with the correct calibrations as soon as the accessory wheels are installed.
|Chevy Silverado 2007||Chevy Silverado 2008||Chevy Silverado 2009||Chevy Silverado 2010||Chevy Silverado 2011||Chevy Silverado 2012|
|Chevy Silverado 2013||Chevy Silverado 2014||Chevy Silverado 2015||Chevy Silverado 2016||Chevy Silverado 2017||Chevy Silverado 2018|
How to Reset Tire Pressure Sensor Chevy Impala
|Chevy Impala 2000||Chevy Impala 2001||Chevy Impala 2005||Chevy Impala 2008|
|Chevy Impala 2012||Chevy Impala 2013||Chevy Impala 2014||Chevy Impala 2015|
If your Chevy Impala is of 2000 – 2005, so:
Using Light Switch
- Turn the ignition to “ACC” position or “ON” position (engine off).
- Turn the light switch to Parking Lamps three times for five seconds.
- Inflate the tires to the specific pressure.
- Turn the ignition to “ON” position, with the engine “OFF”.
- Press and hold “DISP” button.
- When “SETTINGS” is displayed, press “SEEK” button and scroll it up until “RESET” is appeared.
- Press “PREV” or “NEXT”.
- When “RESET” is appeared, press “DISP” button and wait for “DONE”.
- Scroll and find “EXIT”, press “DISP” button.
One more instruction for Chevy Impala (2006-2012)
- The first step is to turn the ignition to “ACC” position or “ON” position.
- Press and hold unlock and lock buttons until you hear the sound and see LF turn signal lighted. Alternatively, you can press “INFO” until “TIRE LEARN” notice appears. Press and hold “SET/RESET” and wait for the sound signal and left turn signal blink.
- Starting with LF tire, increase/decrease the pressure until you hear the sound.
- After this proceed with the relearn of the other 3 sensors in such order: RF, RR, LR. When you complete the relearn, you will hear the sound signal.
- Turn the ignition to “OFF”.
How to Reset Tire Pressure Sensor Chevy Cruze
Using standard ignition:
- Park in the safe place.
- Turn the ignition to “ON/RUN” position, with the engine “OFF”.
- Press the “MENU” button.
- Select the “VEHICLE INFORMATION” in the “DIC”.
- Then scroll up the thumbwheel and find the Tire Pressure menu item display.
- Press the “SET/CLR” button for requesting text display.
- Press this button again.
- Starting with LF tire, increase/decrease the pressure until you hear the sound. Also, you can use TPMS relearn tool and turn sensors on.
- After this next 3 sensors should be in such order: RF, RR, LR. Horn will sound twice.
- Turn the ignition to “OFF”.
|Chevy Cruze 2011||Chevy Cruze 2012|
|Chevy Cruze 2013||Chevy Cruze 2014|
How to Reset Tire Pressure Sensor Chevy Tahoe
|Chevy Tahoe 2004||Chevy Tahoe 2005|
|Chevy Tahoe 2007||Chevy Tahoe 2008|
|Chevy Tahoe 2013||Chevy Tahoe 2014|
If you are an owner of 2007-2016 Chevy Tahoe, so you should:
- Stop your vehicle in a safe place and apply parking brake.
- Turn the ignition key to “ON” position.
- Press and hold unlock and lock buttons on RKE transmitter until you hear the sound signal.
- If your vehicle doesn’t have RKE transmitter:
1) press the DIC “MENU” button on the turn signal lever.
2) using the thumbwheel select “TIRE PRESSURE MENU”.
3) press the “SET/CLR” button and wait for a requesting message.
4) press “SET/CLR” once more.
5) horn will sound twice.
- Place the relearn tool against the tire side wall for starting working at driver’s front tire. Press the button for turning the TPMS sensor on.
- Do the same for the right-front tire and for the back tires.
- Wait for the confirmatory sound signal, which will mean that the procedure is complete.
- Turn the ignition “OFF”.