A tri-fold hard or soft tonneau cover is a perfect solution for those who highly value their time and want to protect their truck beds. CARiD.com offers a wide range of stylish, high-quality tri-fold tonneau covers packed with excellent features. Apart from their great looks, tri-fold covers are incredibly easy to use.
★ ★ ★
Auto Parts & Accessories
The tonneau can be folded up to the cabin in seconds so that you could haul oversized cargo, or fully closed to shield your valuables from the elements. It takes less than 5 minutes to install without any need for tools. Just follow these simple installation steps:
How to Install a Tri-Fold Tonneau Cover
- Place the assembled folded cover at the center and on the front of your truck bed. Don’t forget to clean the bed before installation.
- Release both security tie-down straps so that the tonneau cover can be unfolded.
- Position the dust seal between the cab and truck bed.
- Unfold the tonneau. Make sure that the cover is centered on the pickup truck box. Check for even cab and tail alignment.
- Carefully refold the cover. It is essential not to shift its position on the truck bed.
- Tighten the front clamps: put the clamp lip under the metal bed rail and turn its handle clockwise. Repeat on the other side. Be careful, don’t overtighten the clamps.
- Open the tailgate.
- Unfold the tonneau cover.
- Slide the lip of the rear clamp under the edge of the bed.
- Turn the clamp hook clockwise to tighten it.
- Pull the clamp handle down to lock it under the bed rim. (Repeat steps 8, 9, and 10 on the other side).
And it is all done! Note that the clamp lips of a tri-fold tonneau cover are made from plastic, which means they will not leave marks on the bed rail. The perimeter of the tri-fold is fully covered with foam seals to provide tight contact and secure protection from the elements. Also, the kit may contain a special tailgate seal to protect the bed from moisture and dust. Premium quality tri-fold covers offer spring-loaded rear locking mechanisms for even faster access to the bed.